This board has the same basic Bluetooth LE module that we use on Puck.js and Pixl.js, pre-programmed with Espruino, however instead of an onboard ceramic antenna, it has a connector for an External u.FL 2.4GHz antenna. (Click here for the ceramic antenna version)
With and external antenna we've seen increases in dBm readings within Espruino of between 5 to 20 dBm, and significantly more devices found when scanning.
This board does not come with an antenna. While it is can be used/connected to without one, it is not recommended! You'll need a 2.4GHz u.FL antenna. The ones recommended by Raytac are:
- Yageo ANTX100 ETHAB24553 (External)
- Yageo ANTX200 P001B24003 (PCB)
- Yageo ANTX100 P111B24003 (PCB)
We sell pre-programmed bare modules, but this is a board with 0.1" pins, a voltage regulator, 2 LEDs and a button. It's thin, small, and very power efficient.
- Bluetooth Low Energy
- nRF52832 SoC - 64MHz ARM Cortex M4, 64kB RAM, 512kB Flash
- 22 GPIO (capable of PWM, SPI, I2C, UART) on 0.1" pitch, including 7 analog inputs
- Built in thermometer
- 2.5v - 16v input voltage range, drawing ~20uA while advertising.
- Powerful (250mA, 500mA peak) MCP1703T 3.3v voltage regulator, capable of powering an ESP8266
- Dimensions: 18mm x 28mm x 4mm thick
- Click here for full technical information
- MDBT42's Certifications are listed on espruino.com
|Outputs||Red & Green LED, Programmable NFC tag|
MDBT42Q Breakout (u.FL antenna connector)
- Product Code: MDBT42_BREAKOUT_UFL
- Availability: 43
- Ex Tax: £20.00